Monday, February 4, 2013

Supporting Student Content Learning


Supporting Student Content Learning

 

I really enjoyed reading chapter 2 “Supporting Student Content Learning”. I loved the way this chapter highlighted interesting and key facts while providing many textual examples that I could relate with. One thing I liked in particular was the way the author gave multiple definitions of what content learning and knowledge really is. According to the text, researchers and educators divide this knowledge area into three distinct categories: declarative, structural, and procedural. I also enjoyed how the chapter explained how content learning takes places in the classroom. For example, declarative knowledge consist of identifying and labeling specific items and events, while structural knowledge ties pieces of information into categories or schemes and procedural which is based on knowledge of how to complete a task. http://www.education.com/reference/article/what-impact-technology-learning/While I really enjoyed this chapter, there was nothing I found that I disliked.

 

Classroom Connection

As the book stated, I too have seen the classroom and its physical arrangement placed in many interesting setups. According to the chapter, the classroom design could be detrimental to effective teaching and integrating technology into the classroom. I plan to apply this principle of finding the appropriate setting to meet my students and classroom needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment